Retired CBN Board Members
Alhaji Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, OON
Accountant General of The Federation
Served in the CBN from 5/25/2007 To 12/20/2010
Born on 4th April, 1962, Dankwambo attended the Ahmadu Bello University,
Zaria, where he graduated with B.Sc (Accounting) in 1985. He also attended the
University of Lagos for his Master of Science (Economics) in 1992 and the Delta
State University, Abraka, for his Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science, in
Currently, the Accountant-General of the Federation, Federal Ministry of Finance, Nigeria, Dankwambo started his working career with Coopers and Lybrand International (Chartered Accountants) now (Price Water House Coopers) from 1985 to 1988. In 1988, he became a Central Banker and worked till 1999, when he was appointed, the Accountant-General of Gombe State, a post he held up to year 2005, when he became the Accountant General of the Federation.
He is a member of the following professional bodies:
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ACA)
- Associate, Nigeria Institute of Management (ANIM)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CIT)
- Member, Nigeria Economic Society (MNES)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB)
- Fellow, Nigeria Institute of Marketers (FNIM)
Alhaji Dankwambo had been exposed to series of training both at home and abroad which prepared him for the challenges ahead. The training and courses attended includes:
- National Computing Centre, Computer Audit, Manchester, U.K., 1993
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A. - Global Financial System, Crises, Prospects & Solutions.
- Duke University, DCID Durham, U.S.A. - Budgeting of Financial Management in the Public Sector.
- Standard University, U.S.A. - Financial Management Program.
- Crown Agents, Management Development Centre, U.K. - Financial Management and Development projects.
- University of Cape Town and Duke University, Centre for International Development - Management of Foreign Aids.
- West African Institute of Financial and Economic Management, Ghana. – External
Debt and Reserve Management.
Alhaji Dankwambo had served in various board before joining the Central Bank of Nigeria board of Directors. Some of these boards include:
Debt Management Office, President, Forum of Accountants General and Auditors of West African States. Chairman, ECOWAS Audit Committee ECOWAS.
He is a member of the French Cultural and Young men jogging clubs, His hobbies are reading, writing and traveling.